Friday, April 29, 2011

Everybody Loves Cake!!!!!

This week seems to have been a week of frustration for many cell phone users across the nation.  I've seen so many Facebook updates this week proclaiming frustration with cell phones.  I've also noticed how much people talk about their cell phones in day to day conversation.

For instance, I was talking with a resident this week who suddenly felt the need to explain to me all of the intricate details of her recent cell phone dramas.  The charger broke.  She thought it was the cell phone.  She drove 45 minutes to a different mall because she thought the local mall would blame her for the damages.  Once she finally got a new charger her cell phone cover broke.  She had to buy a new one.  The new cover is purple, not pink, which is disappointing for both of us.

After having that discussion, I was glad I wasn't wasting my paycheck on mobile communications.  I already feel like I've saved a bunch of money, and yet, somehow I still suffer from broke college kid syndrome.  I've found a better way to spend my money anyway.

I'M GETTING A PUPPY IN JULY!!!  Yes, that's right folks, when I move home I'm getting a dog.  A labradoodle to be exact.  They are pretty close to hypoallergenic (although no dog is truly allergy free), so my mom will be able to live with it in the house.

I'm super excited.  I think a puppy is so much more worth my money than a cell phone. However, I did find these awesome little labradoodle cell phone charms:


 
I mean, c'mon, how cute is that!?







Anyway, if I have any money left over after puppy things (which is doubtful), I plan on investing in culinary adventures.  I want to try some different types of food.  The intention is to explore and be free after being sentenced to four years of college campus nutrition. Bleh.

I'm also going to attempt to learn how to cook & bake.  I want to bake cakes, and dog treats, and gluten/sugar free baked goods that actually taste good.  So, with these notions of grandeur, I will leave you some pictures of cake.


Cute dog cake by Julie Brooks.




Cool cell phone cake by Traci Wood.  Props to that guy (who's name I blurred out) for not having a cell for 50 years.


 Everybody Loves Cake!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. PUPPY.

    GLUTEN FREE GOODIES YAY.

    COOKING YAY.

    YAY HANNAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppy...can't wait!! Let me know how the gluten free goes! Puppy names yet or do you need to see him/her first? Can't wait to see you this weekend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete