Saturday, June 4, 2011

Unlimited Texting vs. Wegmans Tattoo

So, my kid brother got a new cell phone today.  My mother was hoping that my whole "year without a cell phone" deal would broaden his perspectives a little bit, and get him to rethink the "necessity" of a cell phone.  Instead he just thinks I'm crazy.

Anyway, like any teenager these days, he texts a lot.  He is constantly texting via his iPod Touch because it's free, but now he has unlimited texting on this new phone.  Normally things like unlimited texting and data usage (that's the internet for those not in the know) would cost an arm and a leg, but my baby brother actually managed to find himself a good deal.  His cell phone package, which comes with 300 minutes of talk, unlimited text messaging, and unlimited data every month is only going to cost him $25 dollars a month.  That's without a contract.

You all must be thinking, "How could he have found such a great deal!?"  Well, come on... I mean, I am the best big sister ever.  I told him about it of course!  Benny came home today with an inexpensive touch screen phone from Virgin Mobile, and a very inexpensive monthly bill because he came home with the phone and plan that I wanted before I went "off the grid."

You see, when I had "The Thing" I was paying around $70 dollars a month for pretty much the same services described above, and I paid $100 for a phone that I ended up ABSOLUTELY hating.  I wasn't sure that I wanted to be completely cell phoneless at first, so I thought of simply downgrading.

Now Benny has the phone and plan that I wanted, and I'm pretty sure that my beloved David will be upgrading to the same phone within the month! Sometimes life is just full of irony.  Anyway, here is a picture of the object being discussed:



The LG Rumor Touch.



It's a nice little cellular device!  With a sleek, modern design and a fancy pants touch screen it is a far cry from the cell phone that Julia Roberts whipped out in My Best Friend's Wedding.



Yes... That is an antenna.




Not sure what to say about this.



I watched this movie with my friend Kirsten shortly after graduation, and she just kept saying, "You gotta be kidding me.  Is this a joke!?"  Technology and fashion were pretty bombdiggity back in the day (just imagine the directors of the film getting all excited about being able to feature "the latest technology), but not even the most beastly of mouthpieces can cover a Julia smile.     :D

When Ben got home from the store with mom today.  He was so excited about his new phone that he ran over to show his girlfriend.  He hung up on Dad when he called to figure out where he went, and if he could see the new phone.  The teenage wonder then proceeded to bounce up and down in the living room, exclaiming, "I got a new phone! I got a new phone!"  He stuck his tongue out at me, and walked away.

Ahhh, the glories of living at home again. Well Ben, I got an awesome temporary tattoo at Wegmans today...



Awesome, backwards Wegmans Tattoo.



What now, punk!?  Yeah, that's right.  I don't need a fancy cell phone to be cool.  I got my temporary tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment